June 19, 2007

I Thought You Were Doing That!

We are about 5 weeks out from our proposed European tour. We have a few things to do still. Like get Him a passport. Book tickets. Decide where we are going. Get mad cow vaccinations.

Our planning to date has involved: “Hey babe, you wanna go to Europe?” “Oh, yea. Let’s go to Europe!” And I checked out some books on Europe. And then I renewed them. And paid a fine because they were late. …I hope they aren’t late again. Shit, they are!

Yesterday I looked into the passport situation. Even with expedited service, they are recommending you apply four weeks in advance of your trip. So, he needs to apply ASAP. That has problems of its own. He isn’t technically a NM resident. Yet, the gov’t will send your passport wherever your ID says you live. Well….problem. So he is deciding on that.

I was on hold yesterday for about a half-hour with the State Department, or the Passport Service or whoever is behind travel.state.gov. I needed to know about the above-stated problem and about a change of address. Do I need to do anything if my passport has an old address? Their website doesn’t say a word, customs webpage doesn’t, the nice lady I spoke to didn’t have a clue. So I guess I don’t need to worry….

See, our problem is…we both expect the significant other in the relationship to do the big work. He was expecting me to research this stuff and plan it out and make sure we were all good (in the hood!). But I am not really a big social planner. I expected him to get all this stuff outta the way. He brought up the idea, and he knows I am not good at plans. So he was supposed to. And I am very busy, with all this workiness.

He said this morning that it sounded like such a great idea, but when you have to do all the planning, it doesn’t sound as good anymore….see that damn P word. We hate that word.

So I don’t know what we are gonna do. Because we both really suck at planning things. But I can make damn good French toast. I wonder if some French guy could plan out our vacation for us.

Stay tuned. This is a breaking news story. We will interrupt your normally scheduled program as necessary.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio