July 29, 2007

Fun Monday: Fridge View

So Amy wants to see my fridge?

Here is the front:

Various magnets, brochure from the local library I keep since it has their hours listed, chart of prices from my shopping trips. I am trying to get a "good" price list going so I can stock up when the price is right. I just gotta figure out when that is! I am an Excel geek!


And a Kansas girl!









Here is a wide view of the contents:



















Off to the left of the top shelf, coffee creamer and hard liquor. Very important components of a healthy diet. That large pitcher is from Pampered Chef. While I use it for tea now, it is designed to be used with juices. It has a waffle-y paddle type thing that is attached to a handle on the lid for easy mixing. Great for OJ - mix it up if the pulp settles to the bottom!






In the middle is tea and water, but off to the right is a box of Shiner. I believe in a well-rounded diet! Hmm... how many are left? (I just realized I am flipping off the camera. Oops!)














On the second shelf, you will find cut cantaloupe, bread, eggs, tortillas, and some other basics. We are getting a bit low on fridge goodies. I am trying to clear them out over the next week for our vacation.


















And on the bottom shelf? This is where thawing meat is typically stored and a lone Coke. I think that is chicken breast on the left and pork chops on the right. It sometimes is a surprise when I open these foil wrapped goodies.






And the door? I have it well stocked with various condiments:


Mmmmm...hot mayo. I heart Hot Mayo. Nothing better than a ham samwich with hot mayo! And brown mustard. Perfect on hot dogs!

On the left you can see my favorite nail polishes, chilling in the butter dept.

















Grape jelly, salsa, couple of refilled water bottles are on the middle shelf. I have recently been eating PB&J's so the jelly is getting a bit of use.








And my most constant companion, Kitteh, couldn't resist the opportunity to check out the inside!

And hey, look at my toe!







And the freezer? That's where most of the stuff is! I try to keep it stocked with meats for our various meals. I wrap them with plastic wrap first and then cover them in foil. It works well.

You can also see some veggies off to the left.







In the door, is my coffee stash and a cold beer mug. Those English muffins probably should be trashed. They have been there forever. There is also some hamburger meat on the bottom left. I wasn't joking when I said my man is meat lover!







So go look at everyone's fridge. Have a Great Monday and a Happy Week!

24 comments:

willowtree said...

Screw the fridge! Give me your kitty.......NOW!!!!

Molly said...

Now that is a complete survey of your fridge. You store your hard liquor and your nail polish in the refrigerator? Is there a special reason? Of course, that is fine, just new to me.

Molly said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the ExCel price tracking is impressive.

Beckie said...

OK - I've never heard of nail polish in the refrigerator - what am I missing with that one?

Cute kitty!

theotherbear said...

I know I am supposed to be looking at the fridge. But I got stuck on the kitten. What an adorable little thing! I just love kitties :)

ChrisB said...

You have a lot of good things in your fridge but nail polish is a new one to me. Your recipe for a healthy diet looks good !!
Oh and you have the cutest kitten no wonder WT wants it!

Beccy said...

I like your pitcher with a paddle, what a brilliant invention!

Fianna said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

I have stored my polish in the fridge for years. It is supposed to make it last longer. As to the hard liquor in the fridge...I don't really have an explanation for that. We do have a small kitchen. I have not always done that!

And if ya'll want some background on the kitty, check out my older post. She is looking better everyday!

Thanks for stopping by, folks!

Jenni said...

No, give *me* the kitty! I need another. We are down to--wait, gotta count--14. That kitten is too darned cute, though. Gotta love a bookish cat. I bet I live closer than WT.

I think we are supposed to be mortal enemies or something with that funky bird on your fridge. My daughter keeps collecting these purple cats that have a taste for those birds. I'm not from Kansas and I didn't attend KU or K State, so I just like to laugh at the whole rivalry thing. I once owned a KU sweatshirt. It was a great sweatshirt, kept me warm, and you can't beat a garage sale $.50. I'd buy a K-State sweatshirt for the same price, but not in that God-awful purple. I don't look good in purple.

Fianna said...

I don't think my linky worked.

http://fiannas.blogspot.com/2007/07/surprise.html

I can handle Excel, Blogger...no!

willowtree said...

I just had a look at the page source, and from what I can see, there's a 'nofollow' parameter being added to your link. You may be able to change it in settings, but I wouldn't know. I've run into this problem on blogger a bit lately.

MommaBoo said...

Nice. Organized, unlike ours.

And boy, you guys LOVE meat.

I wanna try some of that beer. :)

Happy Fun Monday!

Julie said...

Your tracking sheet blows me away. I'm so not even close to being that organized. And I guess you're not vegetarians! : )

Anonymous said...

A Jayhawk? Are you kidding me? But, that's ok since you have Shiner Bock.

Tiggerlane said...

I'm glad to see that there is another fan of Shiner Bock out there!

Melanie said...

I love the Excel price tracking sheet. Cool idea that I may have to use.

I've never heard of keeping your nail polish in the fridge... what is the reason for that?

You certainly DO like meat! I usually just wrap mine in plastic, but it always leaks while thawing. I'm going try adding a layer of foil too!

Amy W said...

Very thorough look at your fridge...I forgot to post pics of my freezer.

Kaytabug said...

boo haaa haa!!! I never knew you stored nail polish in the fridge. That will all end when you have children unless you get a lock on your fridge you will have nail polish all over your fridge, food, and kitchen floor.

I LOVE your sandal magnets! Oh and that Vegas hard rock bottle opener?! Love it!! I will give you that those birds are good at B-ball!
Oh and the first 2 letters of my word verify are KC!!! KC, Kansas of course!

Anonymous said...

Love the finger you're giving everyone LOL And I've never heard of hot mayo?? I just might have to look for that next time I'm in the grocery store.

Pamela said...

chilled nail polish is new to me, too. I have put batteries in the fridge.

And I see veggies on the right, not on the left. maybe the picture flipped.

Librarian Girl said...

Wow, you are well stocked! My fridge is bare ass nekkid compared to yours!

Sauntering Soul said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you talked about that pitcher. You have to check out my post for today!

I have heard about keeping nail polish in the fridge. I haven't tried it, but I've heard of it.

And yes, y'all sure are the proud owners of an awful lot of meat.

Anonymous said...

It cracks me up that your meat for dinner is a surprise. Keeps you guessing!

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried wrapping meat in plastic then foil in the freezer...I might have to try that, my stuff keeps getting freezer burnt.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio