August 3, 2007

Where in the World Day 1

So here we are....

First stop for the Matt Lauer wannabes. So...the hotel we are in as I type is interesting...No 3 prong outlets so I may hit post really soon as my battery is dying quickly. You can see the can from the bed...no door on it. Kinda crappy internet connection too, so I think pics are not gonna make it into this post. I had some nice ones picked out...but alas, some things are not meant to be!

It is the county seat. Its elevation is 7K above sea level. It was formally founded and made a capital in the 1600's, making it the oldest capital city and perhaps tying it with Jamestown.

The city used to have semi-pro basketball and hockey until the teams pulled an Oiler move and left for the greener pastures of Kansas and Texas.

Some visitors find the city particularly attractive around the second week of September when the trees turn colors. (Hey Wiki says so!).

If you want to fly in, there is an airport in town, but it is recommended you fly into the bigger airport an hour away.

My battery is nearly gone...pics cannot be loaded...hmmm...so if ya'll don't get it from the hints above...you will have to wait until we pick a better hotel. And that may not be until we arrive home, so waaa....See ya when I see ya!!

6 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

Santa Fe? Are you in Santa Fe? If you are, I'm HIGHLY jealous. I hear the arts scene is incredible there and I've wanted to visit that city for a very long time.

One of my friends went on a cross-country motorcylce trip years ago, drove into Santa Fe, fell in love with it and came back to Atlanta to pack up his stuff and move there. He became a Flamenco musician while living there and is now a performing Flamenco artist living in D.C. He still misses Santa Fe.

So, I guess you could say that my guess is Santa Fe.

Sauntering Soul said...

Okay, I just went and googled some stuff and looked at Wikipedia and now I feel even more confident in my guess.

Please post photos when you can. You have no idea how much I want to visit Santa Fe someday.....

Kaytabug said...

What is the name of our Middle school? That is where you are, not our Middle school... I would have done better with pictures what with my pictorial memory... Hope to see some next time...

Kaytabug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaytabug said...

ok so the date and time of your first where in the world post is bugging me. You hadn't even left yet for you trip at noon on Friday! Plus I checked your blog many many many times yesterday for your first post... You are just screwing with my head...

Fianna said...

Ya'll are so right. Our middle school and the state capital of New Mexico.

The current hotel is kinda sketchy internet service so who knows what happens when I click post!

I started working on the post as soon as we figured out where we were driving and I guess that time shows as the post time. Although it is LIES!

If photos don't work over the next few days, I will be posting a big summary post on Bartholomew, the trusty internet connection at home.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio