October 19, 2008

My Finds

I have posted before (and again and again and again ) how I love estate sales and thrift stores. This weekend was a good one... I took my chances at an estate sale advertised as having great stuff, despite being in a bad part of town. "You can find awesome knick-knacks while dodging bullets." Great marketing, folks.

If I was still Ebaying, oh how I would have spent so much money. As it was, I had to limit what I bought as I have a quasi-policy of buying only items I need or have an idea of exactly what I will do with my purchase.

So what will $15 buy you at an estate sale in Houston?


Books! An illustrated Bible story book published in 1939.

1960 printing - Why It's A Holiday

Oh look... a fitting holiday... Do I get that day off?


Do you remember when I said a few sentences ago where I buy only things that I have an actual purpose for? Forget that. This thing has no purpose other than to make me smile at its freaking adorableness. I love this! And I have no good reason to have it. It doesn't match anything at all in my house. So yea, this was something I just had to have.

And Kitten had to get in the picture. She is something that I did not have to have. She is completely Not Craig's fault.


I do have a problem with collecting coats, purses and small bowls that hold sauces. Granted, I use a lot of honey mustard, barbecue sauce and other dippables, but it doesn't really make any sense to have as many small bowls as I have. Nor does it make any sense why, when I live in a subtropical climate, that I own 14 coats.


Astroworld closed sometime ago. Any time that I spy any Astroworld stuff I get it. I will most likely sell them.


I love this shallow metal pan. I have no idea what to do with this either, but really, how could I not bring it home. I will probably either hang it somewhere or will use it is a catchall by the door.
My habit of collecting purses continues. Does anyone have a closet I can borrow? I am just not a shoe girl. Instead, I collect coats and purses.

(There is one other book I bought, but I am not showing you. If I ever get around to mailing things - ahem - Jamaica prizes - ahem - Kaytabug will have a present. So look for it sometime in 2011.)

6 comments:

sophie said...

I love old books like the "Why It's a Holiday." Etiquette books and cookbooks are my favorites. And, I think everyone needs a lemon-fresh-oil-and-vinegar-salt-pepper thingie, don't they?

Sauntering Soul said...

That metal pan is awesome! It reminds me a little bit of a painting I did last week.

Kaytabug said...

oooohhhhh cool finds!!!I think my mom has a set like those bowls, plates cups...
Is mine the blue book under the 2 you did show? oh the suspense!!! 2011 sounds like a good year.
I have stuff I never sent out either, from the guess which one is me thing I did back in July. I suck!

Southern Doll said...

This is cute stuff! And I love stuff. So.....where does one find out about estate sales?

Fianna said...

Southern Doll: I find estate sales on my local newspapers website and this website - http://gsalr.com.

Anonymous said...

Web Site Design: here are the few tips for designing the websites for detail click the link below.
Web Page Promote:webpage promote: want to rank your site in google here are the few lessons you should know...
World College Information:hey guys here are the college listing which is helpful for the students who wants to study aboard....
Learn World Language Online:Click here to learn world language onle.....
Electro Network Online:For the computer users they should know the most important factors about the booting sequence in windows . You should know what happens during preboot sequence, during boot sequence, Kernal load phase, kernal load initialization, logon phase.
Virus Removeable
Google Adsense
Forex
Earn Online Money
Sexy Wallpaper
Angilina Jolie Life Story

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio