April 26, 2008

I Rhyme With Kermit

Over the last couple of years, my age seems to have shot straight into elderly. I would rather stay at home watching HGTV than go out to the bars. I spend more time than ever before alone. I have become a crazy penny-pinching hermit.

My dear Not Craig has insisted that I become more sociable. That I get off my butt and go out. That I work at maintaining the limited friendships I have.

Which leads to today.

I am a bit nervous about my stupid back. It is Houston, hot and humid with a threatening sky.

I am about to go sit outside, with my pasty porcelain skin, for 8+ hours, on a wet hill, listening to bands that I remotely know. And if I get wild, pay $10 for a beer. And $15 for an Aramark hot dog.

Oh Lord, what am I getting myself into?

How old is too old for this scene? And who the hell are these bands?

When can I apply for the AARP?

I really want the discount at IHOP.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am too old for that festival. However, getting out is a good thing. (from one hermit to another)

Kaytabug said...

We are not too old to go to that! I would totally have gone to that. I know and even like:
Puddle of Mud, Seether, My Chem Romance, Filter,and 3 doors down.

So how was it?

Sauntering Soul said...

I haven't left my house all weekend except to take a walk yesterday morning to take pictures for Fun Monday if that makes you feel any better.

I've been painting and watching HGTV and Food Network for two days straight. I was supposed to go to an art festival today with friend of mine but it rained. Sadly, I wasn't all that disappointed because I really wanted to stay home.

And I've never heard of a single one of those bands. But I'm older than you are so I'm using that as my excuse.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio